Partnership focused on bridging emerging creative talent with rising television industry decision makers
The NYTVF in partnership with the Hollywood Radio and Television Society (HRTS) announced the formation of the Next Generation Committee, comprised of promising young leaders from across the industry. The committee members will serve as Jury Members for the Festival's Independent Pilot Competition (IPC) awards as well as act as honorary hosts for joint HRTS/NYTVF events and ambassadors for Festival initiatives. The announcement was jointly made yesterday by Dave Ferrara, executive director, HRTS and Terence Gray, founder, NYTVF.
"The ongoing career development of our junior membership represents an important part of HRTS' overall strategic vision," said HRTS’s Mr. Ferrara. "This partnership with the New York TV Festival provides our next generation of industry leaders a unique opportunity to participate in the process of identifying and acknowledging new industry talent. HRTS congratulates all of our junior members who have been selected to participate in this initiative."
The Next Generation Committee members were selected from applicants within HRTS's junior membership division, the Junior Hollywood Radio and Television Society. The seventeen-member committee counts members from networks, studios, production companies and agencies in both Los Angeles and New York.
"This committee represents the wide-ranging scope of the television industry on both coasts and includes some really talented and passionate young professionals," said NYTVF's Mr. Gray. "The goal of the NYTVF is to equally serve both independent artists as well as the industry, and we believe this committee will act as a catalyst on both sides. We're truly honored to work with HRTS on this endeavor and congratulate the inaugural members."
The 2011 HRTS-NYTVF Next Generation Committee:
- David Boorstein, Dare to Pass (Director of Development)
- Kate Bowen, Imagine Television (Coordinator)
- Kristin Brutout, Leftfield Pictures (Development Assistant)
- Saleda Bryant, Left Right Inc. (Assistant to the Co-Founder/Co-President)
- Steve Cousineau, The Chernin Group (Analyst)
- Jason Gold, AMC (Manager, Original Series Production)
- Jonny Gutman, William Morris Endeavor (Scripted Television Assistant)
- Lauren McGrath, Creative Artists Agency (Assistant)
- Dahlia Metchis, Twentieth Century Fox Television (Executive Assistant)
- Danny Samit, Fox Networks Group (Executive Assistant)
- Eric Scott, United Talent Agency (Talent Agent Trainee)
- Angela Silak, TheWrap News (Assistant to the CEO/Editor-in-Chief)
- Matt Snow, Bernero Productions (Assistant)
- Becca Tesarfreund, 3 Arts Entertainment (Global TV Management and Packaging Assistant)
- Kenny Tsai, Michaels Goldwyn Productions (Development Assistant)
- Marisa Weinstein, DiGa Vision LLC (Executive Assistant)
- Sonja Wright, Katalyst (Assistant)